Threat To Olubadan Embarrassing, Withdraw It, Mogajis Tell Obas

Threat To Olubadan Embarrassing, Withdraw It, Mogajis Tell Obas

Like This Video 0 87928 Segun Vincent
Added by December 15, 2017

The Ibadan Mogajis (family heads) have issued a 7-day ultimatum to the 21 Ibadan Obas (kings) to withdraw their 21-day dethronement threat against the Olubadan.

The Obas had on Monday issued the 21-day ultimatum to the Lord of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Adetunji, to conduct himself according to their wishes or be dethroned.

The 21 Obas were the ones installed on 27 August, 2017, by Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo state, which resulted in a clash between the governor and the Oluba

Oba Lekan Balogun, who spoke on behalf of the Obas at a press conference at Mapo Hall, Ibadan, queried the meetings of the Olubadan-in-Council, saying they were not conducted properly.

The Obas accused the Olubadan of taking unilateral decisions on behalf of the ‘Olubadan-Kings-in-Council’ and inciting the people against the state government.

They also accused the Olubadan of allowing interests within and outside the palace to manipulate him to their own advantage.

In his response, the Olubadan described the 21 Ibadan kings as entertainers of 2017 for threatening to dethrone him.

The monarch emphatically said the kings lacked the powers to do so.

And the Mogajis, under the aegis of the Council of Authentic IbadanMogajis, have told the Obas to withdraw their threat or face the wrath of Ibadan sons and daughters.

The mogajis took the stance after their meeting at the Oja’ba palace.

“We can’t continue to fold our arms and watch while some people rain abuses and insults on our revered kabiyesi,” they said in a statement.

”It is a big slap on the real Ibadan sons and daughters and we have decided to appeal to the eight high chiefs to withdraw their statement within the next seven days or face the consequences of their disloyalty to the Olubadan, who, by law and tradition of the city, remains the paramount ruler of the land.

Recall that the Olubadan had sued the governor on the grounds that the crowning of the 21 kings was illegal.

And the Mogajis said, “We, the authentic mogajis, begin to wonder if these people are already feeling guilty before the court pronouncements. Why should anybody not allow the status quo to remain pending the judgment of several cases on the matter?

“They are our fathers and they should know that an injury to one is an injury to all. They risk losing their crowns should they go ahead to recommend the Olubadan for removal over phantom charges.”

Similar Videos

FG Dismisses Fears Over ISIS Threat

0 88811 0

Fears of Nigerians on the possible recruitment and training of ISIS fighters on the Nigerian soil was on Tuesday allayed by the Federal Government. The FG said the development is not only illegal, but that the government would curtail it.

Presidency Replies Clark On State Of Emergency Call

0 92707 0

The Presidency has told elder statesman Edwin Clark that declaring a state of emergency is not enough to win the war against Boko Haram insurgency. Clark had earlier on Monday asked President Muhammadu Buhari to declare a state of emergency

”Unemployment responsible for the rise in killings in Nigeria” Aliko Dangote

0 126967 0

Africa’s Richest man, Aliko Dangote says unemployment is largely responsible for the rise in the wanton killing and restiveness being experienced in many parts of the country. Speaking in an interview with Channels TV, Dangote said gainfully employed persons are

No Comments

No Comments Yet!

No Comments Yet!

But You can be first one to write one

Write a Comment

Your data will be safe!

Your e-mail address will not be published. Also other data will not be shared with third person.
Required fields are marked*